“WNY’s IT Talent Marketplace” Panel Discussion at #BETAS2015
- Where is the disconnect?
- What are employers looking for in IT graduates?
- What are educational institutions looking for to connect their grads w/ good IT jobs in WNY?
- What are students looking for in an IT company and/or career in WNY?
About the Event
InfoTech Niagara BETAs (Buffalo Emerging Technology Awards) event (#BETAS2015) will be Thursday, April 23, 2015 at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center from 4:30-9:30pm. The Technology Showcase (4:30-7:30pm) is free to anyone but we ask that you pre-register (www.thebetas.com). The awards dinner and ceremony, which begins at 7:30pm does require a fee and pre-registration. The WNY’s IT Talent Marketplace Panel Discussion will begin at 5pm in Room 106B. Resume review will occur after the panel discussion. All attendees are asked to arrive by 5pm.
- Erie Community College (Panel Moderator)
- Louise M. Kowalski - Professor and Chair, Information Technology
- SUNY Buffalo State
- Barbara Sherman – Associate Professor and Chair, Computer Information Systems
- SUNY University at Buffalo
- Bina Ramamurthy, Ph.D. - Associate Research Professor, Computer Science and Engineering
- Blue Cross & Blue Shield of WNY
- Jody L. Sirianni - Director, Talent Acquisition
- M & T Bank
- Kelly Butch - AVP, Talent Acquisition Search Consultant
- Sarah Taylor - Manager, Customer Experience Operations
- Imagine Staffing Technology
- Mary Ellen Mesi - Manager, Recruitment and Solutions
- Christine Plowucha - Director, Business Development
- Superior Group
- Connor Dean - Recruitment Specialist
- Steve Kimmel-Hurt - Account Manager
- John Kowalski - Recruitment Specialist
This event should be attended by all IT/CS/CIS/MIS students and educators, as well as anyone looking for a technology job! If you are interested in attending this panelist discussion, please register for the #BETAS2015 Technology Showcase & Events