< Back to Job Postings
IT Systems Administrator
The Center for Hospice & Palliative Care, Inc.
Sep 20, 2019
This position is an extremely innovative role and is the lead in the deployment, implementation, and administration of end user hardware and software applications; setting up laptops, PC’s and software access for end users; working collaboratively with the help desk team and network team, as a liaison, to deploy new technology throughout IT and the organization. Also accountable to management for Level II and III end user support of Information Technology throughout the CHPC network, as well as setting deadlines for completion of IT initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Designs, develops and implements applications, devices, or technologies to streamline current processes for all organization end users.
• Designs, implements and manages AirWatch Mobile Device Management system (MDM) policies, profiles, applications and configurations,
including Security and Compliance, supporting various clinical, corporate and executive Android and iOS based smartphones and tablets.
• Creates and manages Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) imaging solution by creating, configuring and testing new Windows OS
deployment images, task sequences, packaged and custom application deployments and workstation driver packages.
• Evaluates, designs and implements current and future Windows 10 versions in compliance with Microsoft defined operating system support
• Collaborates with the team to maintain IT Systems including but not limited to tablets, laptops, desktops, servers and other hardware devices
to include servers, AV equipment, pagers, phones, etc.
• Provides support to help desk team for all hardware, software, telecommunications technologies and audio visual training and support;
demonstrates knowledge of software applications.
• Leads the set up and imaging of company-issued devices including but not limited to: laptops, desktops, tablets, smartphones and grants
software access and directory rights for users; assists with network administration.
• Designs, implements and manages Windows GPO policies.
• Conducts appropriate one-on-one formal and informal training sessions for computer users; creates learning materials to support training.
• Coordinates the implementation of hardware and software applications.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Provides timely, appropriate and knowledgeable responses to end user issues; creates a stress-free atmosphere for users to ask questions
and share concerns.
• Demonstrates the ability to apply technology in a clinical environment.
• Exhibits strong communication skills both within the IT Department and with other departments and at all levels.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs other duties as required.
• Education / Certification
Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) preferred.
Driver’s license required.
3 to 5 years of experience in system deployments within a LAN/WAN environment.
1-2 years of experience as an admin working with the Mobile Device Management software Airwatch.
1-2 years’ experience with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
1-2 years’ experience with Microsoft Office 365 administration preferred.
• Excellence Demonstrates the highest quality of work.
• Compassion Treats internal and external customers with empathy and respect.
• Service Attends to the needs and best interests of internal and external customers.
• Teamwork Supports effective collaboration and communication in achieving common goals.
• Innovation Offers suggestions for improvement and accepts creative ideas and concepts.
• Integrity Maintains ethical, moral and operational standards and adheres to corporate compliance
standards as defined in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
• Possess critical thinking skills, proficiency in organizing resources and establishing priorities and strong interpersonal and communication
• Ability to plan and meet both short and long term goals.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
• The ability and eagerness to promote a team environment by working in a cooperative and collegial manner with others to accomplish
organizational goals and objectives.
• Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis with the ability to resolve problems and handle conflict as part of a team.
• A fundamental understanding of the technologies at the heart of a modern IT environment including but not limited to TCP/IP, firewalls,
virtualization, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy and SQL.
Preferred candidates should also have solid understanding of the following;
• Knowledge of local area network concepts and fundamentals.
• Knowledge of the principles of data communications and telecommunications.
• Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing, and operation; knowledge of application of computer software for automating highly
diverse agency/organization activities.
• WSUS Server
• Windows 10 Deployment and Support Lifecycles
• IT Security Practices
• Project Management