William S. Hein & Co., Inc.
Aug 10, 2022
Oct 10, 2022
William S. Hein & Co., Inc. is a family-run, legal publishing business that has been serving the law library community for more than 100 years. The company’s premier product is HeinOnline, an online legal research database. We are proud to have been recognized as one of Buffalo’s Top Workplaces. We are currently seeking a dedicated candidate for the position of Full-Stack Developer.
Our recently remodeled, modern office is conveniently located creekside in suburban Buffalo, minutes from the University at Buffalo Amherst Campus. We offer free parking along with an onsite gym and café for employees. We also offer a great work environment along with a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• Competitive Salary and Performance Bonuses
• Paid Time Off and Parental Paid Time Off
• Paid Holidays
• Flexible Schedules & Remote Work
• Continued Professional Development
• 401K/Profit-Sharing Plan
• Health Insurance
• Dental/Vision Insurance
• Company-Paid Life & Long-term Disability Insurance
What We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate has not only a good understanding of the technologies used but is committed to learning and professional growth to always stay informed on the latest technologies. We need someone that will push us forward into the future and who is always up for finding creative and unique ways to use new technologies.
• Bachelor’s Degree in computer sciences or a related field and 3+ years of experience working in development
• Experience working with a structured software development lifecycle
• A drive to research and look for new innovative solutions
• Ability to accurately assess and scope projects
• Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to understand complex information/systems
• Ability to quickly adapt to change
• Collaborative and able to come up with innovative solutions in a team environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate in a positive and productive manner.
Our company is passionate about exploring new technologies and using forward/outside the box thinking in the application of technology to improve user experience. While the lists below include some of the technologies we are using today, we are continually evolving. We also provide training and development opportunities so you can keep adding new technologies to your repertoire.
Minimum Requirements: Linux environments, Apache, MySQL, PHP, GIT/ Version Control
The Full-Stack Developer is an integral member of our seven-person IST Department. The work done by this position helps our organization maintain business operations. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Developing and maintaining web-based, and other electronic product software including design, analysis, coding, testing, and implementation.
• Testing all products and systems to ensure compliance with design specifications.
• Developing and maintaining databases in support of electronic products.
• Learning, maintaining, and developing the operating environment for HeinOnline and the company ERP system (built in-house).
• Developing, maintaining, and implementing best practices for company website development.
• Researching and recommending outside resources to accomplish development, as needed.
• Performing technical research on product feasibility and new technologies.
• Creating thorough technical documentation for all products and systems.
• Utilizing GIT for code distribution and version control.
• Completing a peer code review for production code releases.
Monday-Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm or 8:30am – 5:00pm. Full remote available for those not in the WNY area.
We are an equal opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Visit https://home.heinonline.org/contact/careers/ to view more information about the company and to submit your application.