IT Support Technician I
Seneca Gaming Corp
Under direct supervision, provides remote support for all designated Seneca Gaming Corporation entities. This includes but is not limited to hardware, software desktops, servers, networks, telecommunications, and/or the AS/400. Works closely with Application Support and Technical Services team, management, and vendors to research and gain resolution on more difficult issues. Resolves and escalates technical problems according to standard operating procedures and within defined service levels up to and including dispatching IT Support Technician III’s onsite. Documents, tracks and monitors problems and resolutions to ensure timely resolution. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- Associates Degree in computer science, management information systems or one (1) to three (3) years of job experience/Course work in a closely related field is required.
- IT approved Certification required within twelve (12) months of employment.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Windows clients is preferred.
- Experience in a Help Desk or similar Technology Support environment is preferred.
- Experience supporting an IBM iSeries (AS/400) environment including commands and utilities, PBX and Voicemail systems, Windows networking environment including Windows clients and servers and Cisco Switches is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees, customers and vendors.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers, vendors and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be resourceful, utilizing all resources that are available to resolve issues.
- Must demonstrate good judgment.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino/hotel.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of sixty (60) pounds.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.