< Back to Job Postings
IT Quality Assurance Specialist
|Do you love problem-solving and variety? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment? The IT Quality Assurance Specialist position with Evans Bank provides a unique opportunity to join a growing team that has a significant impact on the business.
The IT Quality Assurance Specialist will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house and hosted information systems that support core organizational functions. The QA Specialist will manage the implementation of new and updates to existing technologies in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments and will bring the highest level of services to business partners.
We have offices in Western New York, Rochester, and Wellsville. This position may require occasional travel for support of network or software/hardware rollout.
What we offer:
• An inclusive and collaborative environment where good listeners with high standards thrive
• A growing organization where people are engaged and empowered to solve problems and make decisions
• The ability to leverage your strengths and passions while making a lasting impact on the community
• Competitive compensation and benefits
• Paid volunteer time to contribute to the betterment of the communities we serve
What we ask of you:
• Collaborate with IT management, staff, and Service Desk to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes
• Work directly with the ServiceDesk provider to ensure the day-to-day support needs of new releases and existing technologies are being satisfied and assist business partners in the resolution of outstanding ServiceDesk request to ensure Service Level Agreements are met.
• Play a crucial role in measuring and monitoring progress to ensure application releases are delivered according to plans and expectations, including release readiness reviews, milestone reviews, and business go/no-go reviews.
• Coordinate and manage approval of IT Change requests by the Change Advisory Board.
• Build the Release Calendar and work closely with Information Technology and Business Partners to create a common centralized view of all releases.
• Lead the effort to define the enterprise strategic direction for release management tools, including proactive planning in collaboration with Business Partners, Project Managers, and IT Team.
• Assist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and that the integrity of the release can be measured.
• Ensure that a detailed release plan has been documented and communicated to the organization.
• Validate that the release has been adequately tested before deployment and ensure that all release controls have been satisfied. Manage risks and issues that may affect release scope and schedule.
• Lead and coordinate the go-live activities, including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
• Build partnerships with vendors and contractors to ensure the stability of core technologies and services.
• Adhere to and enforce organizational policy regarding Change Management and the promotion of environments to a productive state.
• Oversee the incident management and resolution process, including prioritization and escalation of IT incidents, coordinating the incident response team, implementing workarounds, and conducting trend analyses and root cause analyses.
Experience and competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, information technology, or other related technology discipline
• Proven experience in overseeing the design, packaging, testing, and deployment of software releases
• Experience with ITIL structuring
• Proven experience with release management and environment management best practices
• Extensive experience with core banking software applications and interfaces
• Experience troubleshooting release/implementation issues
• Competence with testing, flowchart and data mapping tools and procedures
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Evans and its subsidiaries, where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, sexual orientation, victims of domestic violence, protected veterans status, gender identity, genetic information, genetic predisposition or carrier status and any other category protected by law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. This includes compensation based upon external and internal job worth in order to provide fair and competitive wages to associates.