This position serves as the first point of contact for all CHPC employees seeking technical assistance, providing Level I and II end user support of Information Technology throughout the CHPC network, as well as new systems deployment. Responsibilities include: Providing end user support through the IT help desk for all hardware, software, telecommunications and audio visual training and support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides end user support of all hardware, software, telecommunications technologies and campus audio-visual equipment training and support; demonstrates knowledge of software used throughout the organization.
• Troubleshoots, resolves, and maintains personal computers and other hardware devices to include servers, campus audio-visual equipment, pagers, phones, etc.
• Images, configures, tests and deploys corporate-owned devices including but not limited to: laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones.
• Conducts appropriate one-on-one formal and informal training sessions for computer users; creates learning materials to support training.
• Assists in the implementation of hardware and software applications.
• Demonstrates strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Provides timely, appropriate and knowledgeable responses to end user issues; creates a stress-free atmosphere for users to ask questions and share concerns.
• Promptly, effectively and accurately replies to IT help desk tickets.
• Exhibits strong communication skills both within the IT Department and with other departments and at all levels.
• Demonstrates the ability to apply technology in a clinical environment.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Performs other duties as required.
• Education / Certification
Associate’s degree in computer science (or related field) preferred.
1 to 2 years of experience in an end-user support position within a LAN/WAN environment preferred.
1 to 2 years of experience with various microcomputer repair techniques.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 preferred.
• Excellence Demonstrates the highest quality of work.
• Compassion Treats internal and external customers with empathy and respect.
• Service Attends to the needs and best interests of internal and external customers.
• Teamwork Supports effective collaboration and communication in achieving common goals.
• Innovation Offers suggestions for improvement and accepts creative ideas and concepts.
• Integrity Maintains ethical, moral and operational standards and adheres to corporate compliance
standards as defined in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
• Possess critical thinking skills, proficiency in organizing resources and establishing priorities and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to plan and meet both short and long term goals.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
• Working knowledge of a help desk based ticketing system.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10.
• Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Records System.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills and written communication skills.
• Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
• The ability and eagerness to promote a team environment by working in a cooperative and collegial manner with others to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
• Must be able to handle diverse work problems on a daily basis with the ability to resolve problems and handle conflict as part of a team.
• A fundamental understanding of the technologies at the heart of a modern IT environment including but not limited to TCP/IP, firewalls, virtualization, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, Group Policy and SQL.
• Walks and stands for most of the working day. Position also requires sitting, standing, bending and reaching along with a normal range of hearing and vision. Must be able to negotiate stairs, walkways, driveways, and other environmental objects while out on appointments, in patient homes, or visiting facilities.
• Requires manual dexterity sufficient to provide hands-on care to the patient. Must be able to lift and maneuver a minimum of 25lbs.
• Must be able to operate standard office equipment such as computer, mobile device, phone, copier, scanner, printer, or related items.