Systems Technician II
Seneca Gaming Corp
Under general supervision, performs diversified duties required to install, move, and maintain all infrastructure equipment to support computer systems across the Corporation’s properties. All duties are to be performed within the guidelines of the Seneca Gaming Corporation’s policies and procedures, Internal Control Standards and objectives.
- Must be 18 years of age or older upon employment.
- Equivalent to the completion of four (4) years of college coursework in computer science, management information systems or a closely related field or equivalent work experience.
- Four (4) to six (6) years’ work experience with Microsoft Windows Servers, and/or Cisco enterprise solutions.pan
- A+ and Network+ Certification from CompTIA are required.
- Preference given to individuals with Microsoft MCSA/MCSE certification, and/or Cisco CCNA/CCNP.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft 2000/2003 Server operating systems and Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency with Cisco enterprise equipment.
- Experience in telecommunications or convergence environments preferred.
- Experience with wiring schemas including fiber optic preferred.
- Previous experience working in Microsoft Visio is preferred.
- Previous customer service experience preferred.
- Previous experience providing IT support in a 24-hour operational environment preferred.
- Previous experience working in a casino is preferred but not a requirement.
Language Skills and Reasoning Ability:
- Must possess excellent communication skills.
- Must have the ability to write routine correspondence and to speak effectively to the public, employees, customers, and vendors.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the customers, vendors, and employees.
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Must be resourceful, utilizing all resources that are available to resolve issues.
- Must be able to work with little direction and supervision.
- Must demonstrate good judgment.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately loud. When on the casino floor, the noise levels increase to loud. Must be able to work in an environment where smoking is permitted.
- Must be able to stand, walk, and move through all areas of the casino.
- Ability to lift a minimum of sixty (60) pounds.
- Must be able to maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to work under pressure in a fast-paced, casino environment and effectively deal with customers, management, employees, and members of the business community in all situations.