Job Posting: Field Technician
published on Thursday, March 29th, 2018
|Selective Staffing Solutions|
Position: Direct Hire Field Technician
Location: Lewiston, NY – but must be able to travel from Buffalo up to a 6 hour radius and into Canada regularly
Shift: Must have open and flexible availability days, nights and weekends
Compensation: $15.00/hr.+ DOE
• Travel to construction sites.
• The schedule for travel may be communicated as late as the night before the morning when travel is required.
• Door to door knocking to approach property owners and business managers and request access to their properties for the purpose of conducting pre-condition surveys.
• If the opportunity arises, seismic monitoring would involve being on construction sites and reporting findings on a regular basis through the day.
• Provide courteous and friendly customer service to property owners and clients
• Photograph, document, and make detailed notes of findings including structural defects.
• Deliver daily project schedule updates and reports via email or online software.
• Receive next day's schedule and work site location the night before the travel is required (if employee has not received a call by 8 PM, they are required to call into the office for next day's instructions).
Experience and Skills Required:
• High School Diploma.
• Valid Driver's License and reliable vehicle.
• Confident driving long distances during the day or at night within up to a 6 hour radius from the Buffalo - driving on major highways and secondary roads, driving after dark and driving in all weather conditions.
• Willing to travel for up to 2 weeks at a time, staying in company paid motels or hotels, on short notice which could include same day or next morning requirement to travel.
• Flexible with respect to obtaining next day's schedule late the night before.
• Available to work long hours if necessary.
• Ready to work outdoors in all weather conditions and after dark.
• Physically fit and comfortable on construction sites.
• Employee must have own Certified Safety Boots and be safety-conscious especially on construction sites.
• Willing to knock on doors, i.e. comfortable approaching property owners, asking permission to enter the home or business, and moving through the property to take photographs as part of the pre-condition survey.
• Good at following detailed instructions, self-reliant, and willing to work independently.
• Capable of organizing large amounts of information and providing summary notes at the end of each day.
• Ability to learn about and use new equipment and software.
• Basic computer knowledge.
|How to Apply|
|If you're interested please call (716) 634-3300 or email your resume to Taylor@ssswny.com|