Job Posting: Senior Security Analyst
published on Wednesday, June 28th, 2017
|Senior Security Analyst|
Sedara is seeking a Senior Security Analyst to join our team! The qualified individual will become part of the Buffalo team, helping to deliver network and security services to customers worldwide. The candidate will be primarily responsible for working with existing customer systems under management in our Security Operations Center as well as remotely delivering network and security installations and consulting to customers. Systems will include SIEM, Firewalls, UTM's, Web Content Filters, Endpoint Security, IDS and others. The candidate will be able to provide prescriptive guidance on system implementations, identifying security issues, current data collection practices, incident response activities and corrective actions. This is a Startup-NY position - pay no state income tax for up to 10 years!
• Plan, discuss and implement SIEM and other tools for customer environments
• Designs key security processes and initiatives with minimal technical direction.
• Collaborates with appropriate customers and peers to understand business requirements and define secure requirements and/or solutions
• Researches and provides input to customer and internal security strategy
• Takes initiative and drives assignments to completion. Monitors progress of self and others and redirects efforts or asks for help when goals are not being met.
• Product training and certifications provided
• Other duties as necessary
• Bachelor of Science degree in a science, technology, engineering or math discipline. Information Security disciplines a plus. Candidates with equivalent years of experience will also be considered.
• 3-7+ years' experience in Security or Infrastructure field
• Experience with SIEM, vulnerability management, and intrusion detection systems strongly preferred.
• Experience with advanced networking configurations on firewalls, routers, switches, etc. Sophos UTM and Cisco ASA experience a plus.
• Certifications in security and/or network specific preferred - CISSP, Security+, Vendor Certs, etc.
• Display an understanding of new trends and technologies related to IT Security and Compliance.
• Knowledge in key areas such as: Endpoint Security, IDS, IPS, VPN, Remote Access, Security Logging, Vulnerability Management, Security Incident Response, Penetration testing.
• Knowledge of DNS usage in corporate environments, from the endpoint up through global usage
• Additional security expertise in endpoint security, including: Anti-Virus protection, desktop encryption, device management, patching, etc.
• Solid understanding and discipline in following processes and procedures.
• Ability to troubleshoot and identify issues in technologies or process deficiencies.
• Demonstrated project management skills.
• Working knowledge and experience with networking concepts, protocols, and services.
• Working knowledge and experience in setup, maintenance, and security of all current operating systems.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain utmost confidentiality when dealing with highly sensitive information.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, with technical and non-technical persons.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
|How to Apply|