The Western New York technology-focused students are your future employees, co-workers, vendors and business partners. We are confident that you recognize the importance of supplementing their education with real-world experiences. We also understand that you may be unable to provide the actual internships that give students a real-world exposure.
We therefore request that you consider allowing students the opportunity to shadow you or a member of your IT staff during the winter intersession, which is held in January.
BENEFITS TO THE COMPANY:
- A more educated future talent pool.
- Awareness of your company (which can directly lead to an increase in candidates for future openings).
- Ability to meet a company's mission to contribute to the benefit of society and take an active role in improving our community.
BENEFITS TO THE PROFESSIONAL:
- The best way to improve your own abilities is to teach them to someone else.
- Obtain objective views and new ideas to solve problems.
Personal satisfaction of making a difference in a student's professional development.
INFOTECH WNY SHADOW PROGRAM DISCLAIMER:
The Shadow Program is not intended as a job search mechanism; the students are participating for educational purposes only, not to perform work for the organizations involved. The organizers of this program are not placement professionals and have not pre-screened the students, their resumes or their academic credentials. Conversely, the organizers have also not screened the participating companies. We assume that the companies are viable, reputable companies who are offering this experience for the sake of expanding the knowledge of careers in the field of information technology.
Questions? Contact Melissa Ruggiero at firstname.lastname@example.org